- Forms, Rates & Tables
- Continuing Professional Education
- Determination Letter
- Email Chief Counsel Advice
- Exempt Organizations Update
- Field Service Advice
- Forms and Instructions
- General Counsel Memoranda
- IRS Announcements
- IRS Fact Sheet
- IRS Forms
- IRS Legal Memoranda
- IRS Notices
- Information Release
- Internal Revenue Code
- Letter Rulings
- Revenue Procedures
- Revenue Rulings
- Technical Advice Memoranda
- Treasury Decisions
- Income Tax
- Transfer Taxes
- Case Studies
- Technical Reports
- This policy covers how the Planned Giving Design Center, LLC ("PGDC") and its hosting organizations ("Hosts") treat personal information we collect and receive, including your use of the site. Personal information is information about you that you shared when you register on the site.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PGDC or Hosts do not own or control or to people that PGDC or Hosts do not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- PGDC collects personal information when you register, when you visit the PGDC web site, and from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation. Once you register with the PGDC and login to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- PGDC sets and accesses cookies on your computer.
- It is important to note that if you have your browser set to "reject all cookies," you will not be able to register on the PGDC and will thereby be unable to take advantage of its valuable community features.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- PGDC may display targeted advertisements from site sponsors who help hosts underwrite the cost of providing the PGDC to you free of charge. However, none of your personal information is shared with such sponsors. Nor does PGDC provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. Likewise, if a new product or service becomes available on the PGDC, we will share information with you about the product or service and provide you with an opportunity to contact the provider via link; however, we will not provide your information to the product or service provider.
- PGDC and its Hosts do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people, or nonaffiliated companies or organizations.
- PGDC and its Hosts respond to subpoenas, court orders, and legal process; and to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Confidentiality and Security
- PGDC limits access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- PGDC employs physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your PGDC Account Information is password-protected.
- PGDC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your PGDC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us via email or write us at:
The Planned Giving Design Center web site is hosted by more than 150 organizations in geographically exclusive areas throughout the United States. These organizations include not-for-profit organizations and for-profit companies. Regardless of type, these organizations provide you with one very important benefit -- the ability to access content from the PGDC completely free of charge! Hosts of PGDCs with which you are registered and subscribed have access to your personal information and may contact you periodically to share information about their organization and the services they provide to gift planners. Without Hosts your subscription to the PGDC would cost about $300 per year.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Each web site you visit can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices about Cookies
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to register on the PGDC and will be unable to take advantage of its community features.
PGDC's Practices Regarding Cookies
PGDC uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including:
- accessing your information when you "login" so we can provide you with customized content;
- keeping track of preferences you specify while you are using the PGDC (for example, the ability to login automatically without having to enter your username and password each time you visit the site. When you select the "remember me" option on logging in, anyone at this computer to be automatically logged in upon visiting the PGDC). You can delete this cookie at any time by choosing the "logout" link;
- keeping track of polls and surveys we may conduct on the site (so we don't bother you by asking the same question twice);
- estimating and reporting our total audience size and traffic to our Hosts; and
- conducting research regarding site usage to improve PGDC content and services.
Other Companies' Cookies on PGDC
- Please note that PGDC allows sponsors that are presenting advertisements to set and access their cookies on your computer. However, this only happens if you have clicked through onto their web sites.
All PGDC news items, feature articles, and research papers are available without registration. However, the greatest new benefit of the PGDC is its community features. These include:
- posting and reading comments on news items and articles submitted by PGDC members nationwide;
- participating in discussion forums on a broad variety of topics;
- being listed on and having access to the PGDC National Membership Directory; and
- utilizing specialized services and products on the PGDC such as planned giving calculations offered by PhilanthroTec, Inc.
A sponsor is a for-profit company or not-for-profit organization that helps Hosts underwrite the cost of bringing the PGDC to you free of charge. Sponsors have made a commitment to the quality of gift planning in their communities via their important financial support and we encourage you to visit their web sites to review the unique products and/or services they offer.